Monday, January 16, 2012

Who woulda thunk it?

Who would have ever thought that here, in the middle of January; one could walk outside in shirt sleeves and be perfectly comfortable? It truely is a sight to behold. The sun is out here in the heartland this morning and the temperatures can't even be described as crisp. Isn't that just cool?
Over the weekend I got a chance to get back into my kitchen. After being under the weather for so long it felt good to be banging pans and clanging utensils together. I perused several cooking blogs and came across this Cinnamon Roll Cake.  We ate it for breakfast on Sunday and everyone agreed it was the new favorite. What made it different from my traditional coffe cake was that all that gooey goodness was inside every bite of the cake istead of being confined on top and having a lot of dull, bland cake left on the bottom. Thumbs up!
I also made this: French dip sandwich. No pics to show, but it made a great dinner last night while we finished up watching some of the football games. I added provolone to the sandwiches and tater tots on the side and we feasted heartily. For desert, I made these Cake batter Truffles.  One at a time only please, these are really rich, enough to satisfy any sweet tooth.
I did have time for some knitting too. I am working on yet another Gap-tastic Cowl. This one is for my SIL, who was a big help during my surgery. I am trying out this yarn from Lionbrand: It's really soft, the color is nice, and the price is right.
I am currently binding off, so this one is almost for the ages!
Have a marvelous Monday!

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

We've had really warm weather too (not that I'm complaining, ha!). Your cake looks amazing! I'm hungry now. Hope you're having a great winter so far!