Saturday, June 4, 2011

Uglees 4 Kids cont'd

Hey everyone, if you haven't heard there is a new group called Uglee Dolls 4 Kids that is going to distribute Uglee Dolls to children who have been the victims of these terrible storms that have plagued mid-America(Reading, KS, Joplin MS, Tuscaloosa, AL) If you click on the link provided it will take you to the Wordpress blog that shares all the details you need to know. They also have a Facebook page too that is helping connect all the volunteers.

Here is the first one I made:

Joplin Uglee #1 should be at the collection site by Tuesday along with Purdee Uglee, who was purchased from my Etsy shop for the cause. I am also donating 50% of the purchase price of any Uglee doll from my store to the American Red Cross Joplin Relief Fund. I will aslo mial it directly to the collection site in Gallatin, TN. So even if you don't have time to make one, you can still do good in two ways: give a doll and a donation!

Joplin Uglee #2

2 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

This is such a perfect idea - I hope the group collects a whole bunch of the dolls to give away. :)

April said...

I'm all over this idea - I'm going to start one tonight! Or maybe now. Surely they couldn't complain at work that I was crocheting since it's such a good cause. Could they?