Saturday, October 23, 2010

Senior moments.......

Not the kind some of us may think! Remeber when, you could sing along with every new song out? You died a thousand deaths on Valentine's Day until you got your first card? Life ended when you didn't get a call to go somewhere on Friday night? The most awesome pair of jeans cost $49.99? Oh, life was so traumatic! To be a senior in High School again....how many of us would go back?

Her is my darling DD, in all her senior glory. I think she looks darling. She sees an awkward, gawky gal. Too tall, too skinny......I feel her pain. Dentists tell her her teeth are too small and need to be capped. What??? A beautiful smile, that is all her own? They want to lay over big, porcelein teeth? Her friends tell her she has no figure. What? Tall and lean, a perfect clothes hanger for all the new styles. Media tells her she's not fabulous. Why not try fake nails, Fake tan? Oh sure, destroy the nails on those long, lithe fingers and start the melanoma already. But, I digress, I am so proud of her and the young woman she has become and will one day be.









4 comments:

- said...

It's that stage we all go though and hate and remember! She is beautiful and has a figure everyone would hope for. Any peers taunting her are jealous and that is all. Teeth, I'd get a second opinion.

Sandy said...

My goodness...she is gorgeous! She is beautiful - I think her so called friends are just jealous. And I wouldn't touch that million dollar smile for anything. Those dentists just want to make more money. I wish I looked like that in my Senior pictures!

Crafty Christina said...

Her friends are crazy! She's gorgeous and has an amazing figure! Tell her dentists to go scratch too! LOL Being a teen is awkward no matter what you look like!

crazymotheringchick said...

What a beautiful girl. Yep, those dentists just see dollar signs, not her beautiful smile. And yes, a wonderful figure. Mama's proud, and why not.