Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Quiet Blog=Busy Hooks!

I know I've taken a short hiatus, but that doesn't mean my hook has! I have had crochet ADD lately. I want to sample a lot of projects, but none of them has quenched my thirst for crafting. So I will keep searching.

This is an afghan square I tried. It has a really cute flower in the middle. It cam out of an old Crochet Today magazine...maybe last spring?


My nephew is getting married in December and I started their gift. It's called "Wedding Afghan" and its in the fall issue of Crochet World. It's moving fast and I really think it'll be pretty. I was thinking white would go anywhere; thrown over a chair or corner of a bed.
Here is the pattern for the wedding afghan and the other is the pattern I sent off to Todd Paschall(Crochet by Numbers).
It is going to be for my in-laws, who are soooo hard to buy for and would much rather(or so they tell me...LOL) have something made by me. They are also crazy over their little dog, so I thought....why not? Wish me luck!!!! Below is the training pattern that you can get at Todd's website, so I finished my training and I should be ready to go. I'll buy yarn this weekend.
Miscellaneous Halloween ami ahead......(I told you I was a plethora......)
I packaged these ami's up for gifts.

Here's hoping your hooks are never still.......

3 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

You really have been busy! The square would make such a pretty throw or shawl and the wedding afghan looks so soft. Love the amis! I forgot where you got the candy corn pattern. Is it one of your originals? I love it!

Gloria P. said...

wow you have been a busy hooker! I like the pattern of the black square....if you found it somewhere for free plz share.
cute candy corns :)

Keri said...

Your hook has been flyin', Girl! Love everything. The square is very original. The white afghan looks luxurious. Any couple would be blessed to have it. And the amis, well, you KNOW how cute they are! By the way, I stopped working on the OU afghan for now. Why, you say? Well, I was putting so much time and effort into it, I decided I really wouldn't want to give it away after so much trouble. So, I started another one, this time in crimson and cream, and it's a very easy ripple pattern. I started it about a week ago, and I've got it about 1/3 done. It sure goes a lot faster, and this way I'll be able to give it to the lady at work BEFORE football season is over. :)